Burgess Sport and Entertainment (BSE) Law have an enviable list of long-standing clients in the sports arena. Their loyalty to BSE has been earned through exceptional service, flexible cost methods and our ability to relate to the individuals involved in sport’s administration and to athletes themselves.
Whether it be assisting amateur sports clubs with the paperwork they need to arrange a Saturday morning competition, sponsorship/media rights advice for athletes or providing conclusive corporate advice to international governing bodies, we have the people, the skill sets and the understanding of sport to ensure your goals are achieved within budget and to a standard unrivaled anywhere around the world.
The BSE network of sports law specialists network is truly international so wherever your legal issues or deals might arise around the world, our network can confirm the advice you need to act with confidence.
Here are some recent examples of sports law work we have performed for our clients:
- Governance structure set ups or audits and the associated corporate or tax advice so that the sports governing bodies comply with the latest requirements of the Australian Sports Commission (this may impact the funding received from ASC if that is available to you);
- Broadcast Agreements for a sporting event or entire tour (traditional or new media);
- Intellectual Property registration of clubs, governing bodies or athletes around the world;
- Concise and relevant advice on image right breaches (in a photo or on video);
- Tax advice for anyone or any company operating in the sports industry such as arranging international sponsorship or conducting your sport overseas; or
- Online property breaches (website, social media or defamation via the internet).
We understand that the cost of legal advice can sometimes be daunting but speak to us and talk about our “Sports Startup Pack” that you can obtain from us which will provide you with template agreements, waivers, image rights deals and short-term relevant advice so you and your colleagues can get on with providing an invaluable service to your local community. We have a version ready NOW for athletes or sports associations/entities.
By no means is this, or any service that BSE provides an “off the shelf” product where our service ceases with delivery of it to you. While the BSE Sports Startup Pack may have the affordability of an “off the shelf” product, BSE make sure that you understand the purpose of all documents involved and the prima facie risks involved with your situation. Of course, if you find something along the way that doesn’t make sense or you think you need extra advice for any reason, you know where we are and will have already experienced the approachable personalities within the BSE Team.
We are very confident that by simply getting in touch with us and asking how we can help, you will also see just how affordable, new age, and flexible quality legal service can be for athletes and administrators in sport.
Also see our blog articles on the most relevant issues in Sports law right now!